Hey there, kids.
I’m a Detroit-bred, Chicago-living writer with a penchant for sass and French fries. (Also, a corporate day job.)
A Little Bit Ginger started out on Tumblr as a place for me to entertain myself while in a dead-end job, mutated to a WordPress makeup blog as part of a grad school class, and is now where I write about anything I damn well please with a strong dose of unabashed humor.
I believe in life long experiential learning. In addition to earning a B.A. in English and M.A. in writing and publishing (both from DePaul University), I have played with some of Chicago’s funniest humans at The Second City Training Center and iO Chicago, am learning HTML/CSS coding through Skillcrush and Brit + Co. (ok, and Google searches), and got a weekend-long crash course in Photoshop with Internet darling, Bri Emery, of DesignLoveFest (via Blogshop).
The takeaways for you here are:
- I’m great at the water cooler
- I’m happy to read over and edit your email to make sure you’re laying down the law in a professional manner
- I dig the opportunity to spice up a PowerPoint presentation
- I know the difference between padding and margin
- I’m one of those self-starter types