Filed In: Pop Culture Things
Enter to win this gift basket organized by The Windy City Blogger Collective full of fitness gear and credits for classes! Valued at over $300 this basket includes:
- $75 Gift Card from ThredUP
- Luna Mini Facial Cleansing Device from FOREO
- Renegade Runner Half Zip Sweatshirt, hair ties and lip balm from Lucy Activewear
- 5 Pack of Core Fusion and Yoga Classes from Exhale Spa
- Ferro Rosa Friction Fix, Rescue Gel and exfoliating shower gloves from Daniela’s Facial Studio
- 3mm yoga mat from luluemon
- Class Coupon from MaZi Dance Fitness Center
- $25 Gift Card from Sweat
- 2 Weeks of Unlimited Classes from Pure Barre River North
- 5 Computrainer Bike Classes or $50 in online credit from Live Grit
- New Beauty Test Tube
Well, Dear Reader, this is the last weekend I can do something stupid, look back on it and say, “Whatever. I was in my twenties.”
Last year I wondered if I would feel like a grown up by now. Nope, definitely don’t yet. When does that happen?
Let’s get this out-of-the-way: I’m a straight up college cliché.
This is not to say I was painting my face in school colors and tailgating every weekend. On the contrary, I went to DePaul, a school so unlike the college experiences I saw in movies that I sometimes think I missed out on real college.
I’m a college cliché because those were years that changed me more than any other. I walked into the dorm a shy, insecure, straight-laced girl and walked out of my dump of a college apartment a brash, slightly less insecure woman who had made just enough mistakes to hold great memories.
Play T-Pain and I can taste the stale beer sipped from a Solo cup in a sweaty three flat. Try a tune from The Dandy Warhols and I am back to the quad in an instant, sun beams providing nourishment after a long winter, listening to a study playlist crafted with more thought than more than my final papers. Hearing The Roots will prompt the story of the time I almost got in a fight with a guy who wouldn’t get out of our personal space at a campus concert.