Take one down-on-her-luck heroine around which the rest of the film’s characters will be united. You have three options:
- Wealthy with a disrespectful male partner
- Career-driven and single
- Poor single mother
Under no circumstances can you mix elements of each category: this shows the audience that money does not equal happiness.
If you chose option one you now have a choice to make the heroine:
- End the movie single and happy.
- End the movie with a man who is of a lower socioeconomic class, but good.
- The heroine meets a man of lower socioeconomic class (bonus points for children) and learns the real priorities of life.
- Give the heroine an achievement (business, school, etc.) that shows she will not need to rely on a man for the rest of her life.
- Send the heroine a man of similar socioeconomic class to teach her that she is worth the love he has to give.